Learn how the NEC Duress function works on your phone system and how it can be utilized as part of a cloud PBX solution.
- Duress is a button programmed on all handsets
- When the Duress button (or *) is pressed on a handset, it rings the group of handsets with “Duress Answer” programmed on their handsets.
- The assigned group of people will see their Duress Answer button light up, and see the Room Number (or phone name) on their handset screen.
- To respond, any user in the Duress Ans group can press the Duress Answer button, or pick up the handpiece and action the emergency
- Keep the Mic button turned on at all times, so you can be heard when using speaker.